Pulseaudio : lots of issues, how can I help?

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 23:24:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:04:39PM +0200, Benny Amorsen wrote:
> ctrl-alt-f1 is iffy on a lot of machines. Sometimes you need a reboot
> to get back to X. Having the kernel involved in the whole affair has a

That would be an X bug. X handles all the mode switching logic for this
stuff. There are good reasons to get the kernel involved these days (for one
we've gone from fifty or more vendors down to about five of any relevance
and they tend to use sensible means for mode switching) but it won't really
change any reliability in that area.

What it will help with is stuff like recovering from an X crash, implementing
full SAK support and oops display.