Tried Pulse Audio Again--No Good For A11y

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 10:39:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 17:28 -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
> Matthias Clasen writes:
> > On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 14:34 -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:
[...]
> > > 5.)	While I paplay, I try to go Ctrl-Alt-F1. While I'm not prevented
> > > from doing so, paplay believes it should pause playing while I'm away
> > > from the gui tty. Now, who's the genius that figured out this "feature?"
> >
> > Insults won't help your cause.
> Well, my apologies if this offends you. Is it supposed to work that way,
> though? Is there actually a use case for that behavior? Or is this just
> some incidental artifact?

There is a use case for this, namely if you have several "seats" with
different logged in users: in this case one probably only wants the
sounds of the "active session" being played and others muted. Just in
case you ask, we're using that setup at home, my wife and I are logged
in all the time an switch between users via the applet or
<Ctrl><Alt>F7/F9.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty