Tried Pulse Audio Again--No Good For A11y

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 10:41:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 09:31 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le mardi 16 septembre 2008 à 17:28 -0400, Janina Sajka a écrit :
> > Matthias Clasen writes:

> > > Insults won't help your cause.
> > Well, my apologies if this offends you. Is it supposed to work that way,
> > though? Is there actually a use case for that behavior? Or is this just
> > some incidental artifact?
>
> This is part of PA's design yes. And many people have already complained
> it was hostile to their computer usage.

"Hostile" is a bit of a hard word here, don't you think? Maybe PA should
offer an option whether to mute/unmute when switching to different VCs
or not as there are valid use cases for both behaviors.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty