make update problem

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:32:58 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 1:43 PM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> When editor opens, all I do is add a line:
> type=E
>
> which seems to be what the comments in the template call for, then:
>
> make update
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/usr/bin/bodhi", line 313, in <module>
>    main()
>  File "/usr/bin/bodhi", line 134, in main
>    updates = bodhi.parse_file(input_file=opts.input_file)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/fedora/client/bodhi.py", line 268, in parse_file
>    config.readfp(template_file)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/iniparse/compat.py", line 106, in readfp
>    self.data.readfp(fp)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/iniparse/ini.py", line 501, in readfp
>    raise MissingSectionHeaderError(fname, linecount, line)
> ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers.
> file: bodhi.template, line: 6
> 'type=E\n'

I'm not 100% sure if that's the same problem, but I had issues with
"make update" as well and I was redirected to updating bodhi-client
and python-fedora packages, then it worked like a charm.

Right now I have:
[giallu at bingo ~]$ rpm -q python-fedora bodhi-client
python-fedora-0.3.6-2.fc9.noarch
bodhi-client-0.5.3-1.fc9.noarch

HTH

Gianluca