How important is comps.xml to us these days? Which packages should be in comps.xml and which not?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 22:57:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 18:52 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Thanks Jesse, for making it clear that you are more interested in
> confrontation than a constructive discussion impossible.

I'm interested in fixing our comps files, since that's what is used by
our installer, our compose tools, our package tools such as yum, our
developers, our documentation, etc, etc...

I won't argue that it could use improvement.  I will however argue that
the way to improve it is to have dialog with those using it and
producing it, rather than deciding off project somewhere to just ignore
it or apply filtering/modification to it without consulting the project
at all.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!