No dynamic groups in PackageKit

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Sep 23 18:00:11 UTC 2008

On 23.09.2008 19:37, James Antill wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 19:13 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> Livna/RPM Fusion in the past tried to put its packages into the same
>> groups as Fedora did.
>  No, groups are defined by their groupid, Livna always created searate
> groups (they had a different ID) ... they just named them the same.

The old and unmodified comps.xml for FC6 is still available
http://livna-dl.reloumirrors.net/fedora/6/i386/comps.xml

The <id>-fields back then were round about those Fedora still uses these
days -- take "<id>sound-and-video</id>" for example; but maybe something
else was from with those files...; I only changed those to be livna
specific for F7 and later a few months ago on request from Fedora
skvidal when the problem that was mentioned earlier showed up

 > [...]
>  Newer yum's find all groups that match, so there's no problem on
> current Fedora 9 or newer.

Good to know, thx.

 > [...]

CU