please deactivate services by default!

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 25 20:43:49 UTC 2008

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Is sendmail so huge it doesn't fit on the livecd? I suspect not, this
>> conversation started about boot time after all. So... don't start it
>> for the livecd, *do* start it when the livecd is installed to disk.
>
> Live CD is always cramped for space. So everything that doesn't really
> fit the regular single user desktop use cases (and sometimes even that)
> would probably be removed from the live cd unless there are package
> dependencies. Even earlier today, release engineering was fighting to
> get it down to CD size.

Yes, but sendmail is...
Ok. 1.9 M is rather larger than I would have expected. (Whee, the actual
program is really 800 k? Wow.)

I've never had to poke the MTA, it's always Just Worked. Is there
something else that would provide local mail in a smaller rpm?

--
Matthew
"You know what Microsoft's problem really is? They've lost the ability