How important is comps.xml to us these days? Which packages should be in comps.xml and which not?

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 00:47:10 UTC 2008

2008/9/23 James Antill <james.antill at redhat.com>:

>  _Well done_ for bringing up rpm specfile groups which are obsolete, as
> I'm sure you know, and have been since before PK existed.

I've been wondering -- is there any reason we don't get rpmbuild to
strip the group out of the package metadata when it generates a binary
RPM?

Also, right now, rpmdev-newspec still creates a Group field, and even
prepopulates it for certain templates (e.g. libraries)

Regards,

--
miʃel salim  •  http://hircus.jaiku.com/
IUCS         •  msalim at cs.indiana.edu