unfrozen repo somewhere?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Sep 26 21:28:38 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 03:41:32PM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

> So now you've sort of separated the packages in Fedora into a "Core" set, and
> then an "Extras" set.  Each set would have different rules around release
> time, and probably for updates and such too.
>
> Oh wait... that sounds like Fedora Core and Fedora Extras.

No. The difference between Core and Extras was a different set of people
and responsibilities, and different repos. Moreover in core there was
many things that are not listed in my list, like clients, desktop apps
and so on. This is a fundamentaly different distinction. Everything on
my list corresponds, however, with things that were in Core.

Here I wanted to separate the things that should be stable in freeze
which make the base of the OS, and apps whose changes won't disturb too much
other apps that are on top of those base apps but don't have much
interdependencies (except within bounded groups).

--
Pat