unfrozen repo somewhere?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Mon Sep 29 05:46:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 01:26 -0400, Horst H. von Brand wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> > >   To imagine that it's workable for the majority of
> > > projects is to demonstrate lack of connection to reality.
>
> > Pardon, but you probably can relate, why I have to disagree on this.
> >
> > I would turn this argument around: The apparent lack of quality of the
> > distro, the amount of bureaucracy and ineffectiveness the Fedora
> > approach cause are a living proof for a non-functional approach.
>
> How do you measure "distro quality",
My subjective measure is "distro works for me without major effort".

Reality is: This doesn't apply.

>  "amount of bureacracy" (and how much
> of that is "too much"), "effectiveness"?

koji, bodhi, packagedb, acls, freezes, bugzilla, trac, wikis, mails to
rel-eng/<committee dejour>, the "incident", the triagers, server
downtimes, mirror latencies, bugs not getting fixed, ...

All together (not worth mentioning all the bugs and nits they suffer
from) have a massive impact on effectiveness. Openly said, it has hardly
ever been less effective to contribute to Fedora as it is in recent
past.

> I'd say the fact that we are discussing this shows that the qualility is at
> least decent enough for serious consideration.
Certainly - Otherwise, I wasn't be using Fedora.

Ralf