Running Xvfb during a package build -- good idea?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Sep 30 19:11:03 UTC 2008

Richard W.M. Jones <rjones <at> redhat.com> writes:
> We have a package (mingw32-openssl) which has some tests that run
> under Wine.

Isn't that a noarch target package? If so, it can't run WINE, because it could
be built on a PPC host where WINE won't work.

IMHO, MinGW target binaries should be handled as foreign binaries, i.e.
binaries which can't be run in the host environment. Any package which requires
WINE is not a clean cross-compilation package.

So I think the pain of running the tests is really not worth it. And as I said,
it won't even work reliably, because noarch packages can be assigned to PPC
hosts in Koji.

        Kevin Kofler