future f12 test days

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 2 18:45:47 UTC 2009

> > c) make the test cases as automated as possible. Offer sending smolt
> > profile (smoltGUI) and run test cases directly from the desktop. Also We
> > should add a link (or the document itself) about how to test what and
> > why to the desktop. If it's possible for the test generated results
> > should also be posted automagically to the results page, or, if tests
> > fail, bug reports could be created by bugbuddy.
>
> These would all be nice, but we *are* running on a one-week cycle here,
> it may be hard to get it all done. Assistance welcome. =) it's pretty
> hard to automate some elements of some test cases, but some could
> certainly be done with scripts etc.

Oh, I forgot to mention another consideration here: I'm trying to write
these test cases to be pretty future-proof, so we could use them
virtually unmodified for F12, F13, F14...after all, the URLs don't have
expire-by dates and the test cases will still be hanging around in 10
years most likely. I suspect scripts are liable to go stale faster than
instructions.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey