future f12 test days

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Apr 5 02:45:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 17:48 +0100, psmith wrote:
> Rodd Clarkson wrote:

> >> thanks rahul but i've tried that, even tried using the windoze version
> >> of liveusb-creator to make the usb to get past that issue, also tried
> >> selinux=0 on boot line as well as nomodeset, nothing is working on any
> >> of the three machines here at home, do you any other suggestions that i
> >> might try? as i'm completely stuck :-(
> >>

> > psmith
> >
> > does the usb stick(s) have spaces in the volume name?
> >
> > By this I mean, when you look at the mount name in computer, are there
> > spaces in the name for the device that appears?
> >
> > If so, try this:
> >
> > 1. edit /etc/mtools.conf to create a drive for the device.  For example,
> > when I plug a USB key into my laptop it appears as /dev/sdb1, so in
> > mtools.conf I have a line:
> >
> > drive f: file="/dev/sdb1"
> >
> > 2. at a terminal prompt run:
> >
> > $ mlabel <drive letter>:<new_label>
> >
> > eg. I ran: mlabel f:4GB_USB
> >
> > Make sure there are no spaces in the 'new_label' name.
> >
> > Then try again.
> >

> > R.
> >

> thanks for the info rodd but still no luck :/ the usb volume was already
> named F11beta and changing the mtools.conf and re-making the live usb
> resulted in the same problems, i think there may be problems with the
> actual iso's as i'm starting to see a few bugs pop up with similar
> problems to mine, as well as the already worked out grey screen selinux
> bug. looks like i'll have to pass on testing the beta and just wait for
> preview or final :(
>
> phil

You can check the iso file using some command that I forget and
comparing it with a value somewhere.  Argh, that's too vague.

Let's see.  If you run:

sha1sum <file.iso>

and then compare it with this CHECKSUM file:
http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/11-Beta/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-11-Beta-i386-CHECKSUM

Then you can see if the iso is corrupt or not.

The stuff above regarding the volume name is only an issue (or I'm
pretty sure it is) if you've got a space in the volume name (for example
"my volume".)

R.

--
MOOSE technology
po box 6061, north croydon, vic 3136     mobile: 0403 338 731

"Share your knowledge.  It is a way to achieve immortality."
                                            -- The Dalai Lama
 It's much better on my side"