My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Tue Apr 7 22:09:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 15:53 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> What I don't understand is that X.org feels X should no longer need an
> xorg.conf file, yet here we are with a case that will require many to
> keep an xorg.conf file for the rest of time.

Where does this myth keep coming from?  Why do people keep repeating it?

xorg.conf is the config file.  If you need it, you need it.  You
shouldn't _need_ to need it most of the time, but that's a statement
about X's ability to automatically configure something reasonable at
startup and be dynamically configurable at runtime.

xorg.conf is not deprecated.

- ajax