Open source Cg compiler?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Apr 7 22:09:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, King InuYasha wrote:

> Hey,
> I found an open source Cg compiler on nvidia's website. Is it possible to include it in Fedora, and if
> it was, is it any use?
>
> http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_compiler_code.html

It's in rpmfusion in the nonfree repository, so I take it there is some
issue why it cannot be included in Fedora.

[paul at bofh]$ rpm -qi Cg
Name        : Cg                           Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.1.0017                          Vendor: RPM Fusion
Release     : 1.fc11                        Build Date: Fri 27 Mar 2009 02:44:11 PM EDT
Install Date: Tue 07 Apr 2009 03:22:11 PM EDT      Build Host: plague.lisas.de
Group       : Development/Languages         Source RPM: Cg-2.1.0017-1.fc11.src.rpm
Size        : 7804930                          License: Redistributable, no modification permitted
Signature   : RSA/8, Fri 03 Apr 2009 12:59:53 PM EDT, Key ID 4d2a1bdc8dc43844
Packager    : <http://nonfree.rpmfusion.org/>
URL         : http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_toolkit.html
Summary     : NVIDIA Cg Toolkit
Description :
The Cg Toolkit provides a compiler for the Cg language, runtime
libraries for use with both leading graphics APIs, runtime libraries for
CgFX, example applications, and extensive documentation. Supporting over
20 different OpenGL and DirectX profile targets, Cg will allow you to
incorporate stunning interactive effects into your 3D applications.

This is the February2009 release