A program in Python to get Source RPM's from cvs

Paty Constantino patycons at yahoo.com.mx
Tue Apr 7 22:15:42 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a program in Python, which for now is taking an application name and gives you the corresponding source rpm, if you run the program the first thing that will appear is this:

------------------------------  Corresponding Source Web App  -----------------------------------------

This program is providing a source rpm package for a given name application requested by the user.
The format for the user request, must be as follows:

[Package Name][-Version][-Release][.Fedora Version] - e.g.  gimp-2.6.4-3.fc10

Enter the name for application: _

In this part, the program wait for you to write a app name, you can type for example:  tomboy-0.10.1-2.fc9.i386

And after that the program will download that program from cvs, make the source rpm and create an ISO image from that.  It will display at the end a message like this:

Done!, Iso Image is in:  /tmp/tmp7qZ_Ly

I'm not planning leave the Iso image in a temporary directory, is just temporary (while I decide a better way to show where is it to the user).

Right now doesn't make to much sense to make an ISO image with just one single srpm, but in the future I want my program retrieve the source code from a list of programs, so then, the iso image will content more than one srpm, and the user will be able to burn/storage one single file instead of a bunch of files.

For take a look to my code, please go to this link: http://matrix.senecac.on.ca/~pconstantino/sharedstuff/Project/Project_8

Give me any suggestion, all are welcome.

PatCons

      ¡Obtén la mejor experiencia en la web! Descarga gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 8. http://downloads.yahoo.com/ieak8/?l=mx