My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 07:49:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 2:12 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> /me tried to stay aways from this discussion, but now I bite
>
> On 08.04.2009 08:55, Ankur Sinha wrote:

>>> And that's exactly what we're complaining about.
>>> It looks very clear to me that the majority either wants Ctrl+Alt+BkSp
>>> enabled by default or doesn't care either way. Only very few people have
>>> ever accidentally triggered it.
>>
>> I haven't ever triggered it "accidently" till date.
>
> I have. Multiple times actually. And I don't even know how emaxs is spelled
> or what it actually is.
>

> Any yes, I missed it myself already now and then since I updated to rawhide.
> But I'm nevertheless glad it's gone.
>

> But whatever: Mailing lists are not a good place to voting about "enabling
> or disabling Ctrl+Alt+BkSp". Only two of the several reasons:
>
> - subscribers to lists like fedora-devel are quite different from ordinary
> users
>
> - we never know how many people agree or disgree but don't reply

What you do have an idea of is the percentage of the people who care
enough to be here in the first place. Ignoring something based on what
an unknown number of people who probably don't care either way is
weird at best.

At this point, my understanding is that those that care don't have a
say -- so get over it.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )