My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

David dgboles at comcast.net
Wed Apr 8 15:47:30 UTC 2009

On 4/8/2009 11:25 AM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> David wrote:

>> Said more simply? This discussion is on the wrong list. You're talking to
>> the wrong people. Actually it looks more like you are talking to
>> yourselves.
> Not quite: Setting up a distro and preparing packages to include them
> into a distro is a bit more than blindly following "upstreams".

> It also means package maintainers to be "listening" to their
> "user-base", to communicate their user-base's concerns upstream and to
> deviate from upstream when necessary.

This discussion has me thinking about the last time I used C-A-B. And quite
honestly I can't recall the last time. Certainly not recently.

I do understand that some users have problems and that some users need this.
However the way I see it is that the change has been made and will not be
reverting.

Which means one of two things.

Learn to live with the change. Or you change it back yourself. Seems simple
enough. One little change. I change many things from the defaults.

--

  David