Orphaning a few packages

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 00:53:09 UTC 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 8:12 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Looks like some of these already found new owners:
>>
>> Matthias Saou wrote:
>>>  * djvulibre : 443953, 444699
>>
>> Now owned by Rakesh Pandit (rakesh).
>>
>>>  * moin : lots
>>
>> See Ville-Pekka Vainio's reply (he's interested, but is looking for
>> comaintainers).
>>
>>>  * portaudio : 478719
>>
>> Now owned by Orcan Ogetbil (oget).
>>
>> Folks, if you take ownership of an orphaned package, can you please reply to
>> the mail discussing the orphaning so people know? It's annoying to have to
>> check pkgdb to see what packages have been taken over already.
>>
>> These ones are still up for grabs:
>>>  * js: 341631
>>>  * ucarp : 247082, 427495, 449266, 455394, 458767
>>

> Sorry for annoying people, it takes me about the same time to check
> the email vs the pkgdb page, so I didn't bother.
>
> Orcan

I re-orphaned portaudio. I see that it is patched to work with
pulseaudio, which, I think, must be banned from the surface of Earth.
I am not planning to maintain a package with such a patch.

Anyone who is interested can take it over.

Orcan

PS: Speaking just for myself, I won't be among those people who'll get
annoyed if someone takes over an orphaned package and does not report
this on the mailing list. For everyone's information.