My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 14 00:16:12 UTC 2009

TK009 wrote:

> Let me ask this, how many times after that first "learning experience"
> did your friend hit that key combo by accident again?

I have no idea. He doesn't use Linux that often anyway these days.

> Let me ask another question, does he use EMACS?(had to throw that in so
> you could say "stop with the conspiracy" one more time.)

Nothing to do with Emacs at all.

> If he doesn't use emacs, the likelihood of him doing it again is about
> the same as him tripping over the power cord and pulling it from the
> wall. While possible, its not probable.

Even in other threads in the mailing list, people have said they have
done so, repeatedly. I have read comments in other places as well.
Apparently, it is not just possible but happening to people as well.
Analysing one particular case isn't going to reveal much.

Rahul