My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Apr 14 14:52:03 UTC 2009

Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2009/04/13 13:32 (GMT-0530) Rahul Sundaram composed:
>
>> Regardless of which default setting you prefer, the clear evidence is
>> that people do end up doing it accidentally.
>
> I prefer to think no three key combination can be struck by accident, but
> rather only by incompetence of keyboard design and/or user.
I think, the standard situation to "accidentally" hit "ctrl-alt-bs" is
when people start hammering their keyboard with random hits in
situations of "stuck systems"/"systems running wild" and when
actually wanting to press "clrl-alt-del".

Makes me wonder, if they start "hammering their keyboard", because x has
already raped "clt-alt-del" ;)

> There's a limit
> to how far anyone or anything can go to prevent "accidents".
Yes, you'll alway find somebody who will try to dry a cat in microwave
or lets his kids play with explosives.

Ralf