opensync downgrade to 0.22

Juha Tuomala Juha.Tuomala at iki.fi
Thu Apr 16 08:29:32 UTC 2009

On Thursday 16 April 2009 00:58:42 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Juha Tuomala wrote:
> > You're referring to a problem that has been solved already.
>
> It's not solved at all, KDE is stuck with no KitchenSync for the foreseeable
> future.

I could ask to elaborate more this weird claim but
frankly I've feeling that nobody here actually finds it intresting.

> What you don't understand is that projects base their decisions on those

I do understand it like everyone else in upstream. What I personally
don't understand your behavior and choice of words and the steam
that builds up on this topic.

Have you ever considered the possibility that the task the project
tries to implement might actually be quite complex? That mentioned
entry-duplication-issue for example happens in commercial products
too. In addition to that, Opensync tries to support all vendors at
the same time, with different access methods, protocols and formats.

The people involved have put a lot of personal commitment to it time
and resources wise. Thus it would be nice to hear some more constructive
feedback than accusations that you throw at to the project. I also have
invited you to join us as you seem to understand the importance of
the project and have skills that are needed.

<steam blowing removed>

> while I doubt that's the case (which project are you talking about?),
> that's solved anyway with the reversion to 0.22.

I don't know the details of it and frankly I don't need to.

> And FWIW, 0.36 had more apps and plugins working with it than 0.38 now does.
> While I'm not familiar with the project's details,

That has been noted.

Those 0.3x tags are not much more than svn revisions. Never will be.

> * WHY each post-0.36 API change was made and in particular

It's an opensource project, with bug tracking and irc channels.
You're welcome to discuss about all the details that led to the
decision to include those fixes to the upcoming release.

Tuju

--
Varo hattupäisiä autoilijoita.