Profiling X, KDE, KWin and friends...

Ilyes Gouta ilyes.gouta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 08:26:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

Do I have to install the -debuginfo equivalent of the packages I intend to
profile? Were the -release packages already compiled with -O2 -g flags so
that we already have the necessary debugging information embedded into the
code? Or is it just some core libraries (like pthread) that it would be nice
to have their symbols in a core dump?

What about X? On the sysprof website, it's mentioned that it has to be
recompiled from source and to avoid the generation of static modules.. Is it
the case for the X server shipped with Fedora?

Regards,
Ilyes Gouta.