Getting rid of /usr for F12?

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 09:01:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

I personaly still think, that sticking to Filesystem Hierarchy Standard () makes sense more than randomly changing the layout all long-term users are familiar with.

And although Hans is right, it is not a feature, it is a bug and needs to be fixed! I still use ro mounted /usr at home and I want that feature even if most of the people (who seem to be trying to "simplify" thinks for desktop users) have no idea about the possibility.

We are abandoning all ideas behind the layout and changing it because some desktop folks think that it is the best solution for everyone - Is is NOT (see the Server SIG on wiki please).

Martin