Why is mozplugger still installed by default on F11 it conflicts with SELInux since it causes oofice to run as nsplugin_t

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Sat Apr 18 07:43:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Warren Togami wrote:

> On 04/17/2009 10:08 AM, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> > There is certainly argument about the value of this package and it
> > breaks nsplugin/SELinux functionality.
> >
> > A confined nsplugin is a nice feature for confining plugins downloaded
> > from the network. But if you run openoffice and evince from within
> > nsplugin they get confined, causing the apps to not work properly.
> >

> Removing mozplugger has been something I always do.  It seems to cause more
> problems than it solves. =(

Here are instructions on both removing mozplugger and restoring the
security protections of SELinux.  Simply removing the package isn't
enough:

http://james-morris.livejournal.com/39013.html

An issue we need to consider is how a package which breaks a security
feature not only made it into the repo, but how it became enabled by
default.

- James
--
James Morris