Saving space on the DVD

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat Apr 18 19:04:13 UTC 2009

> Jigdo is a usability disaster.  Our users have a hard enough time just
> getting a direct iso download and burning it successfully, to try and
> throw jigdo at them would be... painful.

I tried Jigdo once. Seemed pretty straightforward to me. Except for the
part where I wanted to pull files out of pre-existing .isos. Having to
loopback mount them is awkward and requires root. THAT part is a
disaster.

What jigdo really needs is it's own userspace ISO implementation. A
minimal implementation good enough to pull files out shouldn't be that
hard. Maybe gnome-vfs could be used...