FOSS needs a central bug tracker

John5342 john5342 at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:20:26 UTC 2009

2009/4/21 Callum Lerwick <seg at haxxed.com>:
> On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 03:04 +0100, John5342 wrote:
>> What i would be interested in though is some kind of standardised api
>> implemented in all the major bug trackers so other things can be
>> easily implemented on top of them such as semi automated up-streaming
>> of bugs. Making use of something like OpenID would reduce the multiple
>> login issue.
>
> +1 the Open Source world fixing the Single Sign-on problem would go a
> long way towards solving much irritation. I suppose it's a matter of
> getting everyone to support OpenID...

The good news with getting everyone to support openid is that most
people use some version of one of a limited number of bug tracker
systems such as bugzilla or trac. A quick google shows there is
already some work being done on making bugzilla support openid. If a
few more trackers work on it then we will be well on our way towards
convincing individual projects to use it.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...