Rawhide debuginfo packages with no sources

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:24:41 UTC 2009

> but out of curiosity, what's the reason for
> asking people to request F-11 freeze overrides for these fixes?

Because without them the debuginfos are pretty useless. So if we don't
override the freeze and release them as zero-day updates, then, as far
as I understand, a user who wants to use the debuginfo will have to
pull in the updated package and the updated debuginfo, instead of just
the debuginfo.

Other than that, the changes are pretty trivial. So why not get them
in and have a polished F11 GA instead of burdening the average Joe
user who likes to tell PK to "download all updates"? Not everyone has
a nice broadband connection, you know. :-)

>  If compiler
> security features enabled by stuff in $RPM_OPT_FLAGS are not used it could be
> argued to be a potential security issue, is that why?

Yes, that is another reason, but to me having a polished GA looks more
important.

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
One reason that life is complex is that it has a real part and an
imaginary part.