No more Bugzilla for me

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 14:01:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 08:53 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > There is a theory that changing passwords on a regular bases lessens the
> > risk of somebody's password being stolen and used nefariously.
> > Depending on the account compromised the damage increases from nuisance
> > to legally damaging.
>
> What is the lifetime of bugzilla login cookies?

I have no idea.  I'm not defending the actions of whomever forced the
password reset, I'm just trying to explain what I gather their
motivation was.

Arguing about it on a Fedora list isn't likely to change anything.  For
better or worse we share our bug tracking with Red Hat's bug tracking,
and will from time to time come up against things like this.  What could
be discussed here is whether or not the pains we hit here are worth the
pains we'd encounter by running our own instance of bugzilla.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!