Independent Fedora bug tracker

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 15:57:01 UTC 2009

Basil Mohamed Gohar <abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org> writes:
> And now, on to the advantages as I see them:

It would be polite of you to at least acknowledge that there might
be DISadvantages.

The main one from my personal perspective is that I don't need an
extra bug tracker in my daily work.  Right now, Red Hat's bugzilla
is all that I need to look at to handle both RHEL and Fedora
responsibilities.  If there are two trackers involved, one or the
other is going to get looked at less frequently, and given who pays
me I'm afraid Fedora is going to lose out.

Now the above argument means nothing much if you just consider my
personal effort compared to all of Fedora, but when you consider that
it applies to every Red Hat engineer I think it becomes significant.
There are enough Red Hat people involved in Fedora that penalizing
all of us will put a noticeable drag on the project.

			regards, tom lane