No more Bugzilla for me

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 20:09:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> Yeah, me too, I couldn't live without Revelation now.

You may want to  look at other options.  Upstream for revelation went
completely dormant for several months, I almost orphaned it in Fedora
but I was able to track down the lead developer who assured me I
didn't need to fork the project to keep it moving forward.
Distros have been collecting downstream patches for smallish bugs with
upstream going MIA.

I'm sort of concerned long term about its continued use of the older
gnome-vfs apis instead of the new gvfs stuff.  And that's not
something I want to carry as a downstream distro specific patch.  Once
F11 is released, I'm going to take another look at upstream's
integrity and go from there.

-jef