Independent Fedora bug tracker

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu Apr 23 16:06:09 UTC 2009

On 2009-04-23, 12:00 GMT, Basil Mohamed Gohar wrote:
> Having said that, the fact that I am not able to do this myself
> does not automatically exclude me from making the suggestion
> and participating in the brainstorming that follows.
> I definitely *use* Fedora/Red Hat's Bugzilla, so I am speaking
> from my own experiences with it, and my suggestion is to
> improve that experience.  I realize Fedora comes with no
> official support, so I hope no one thinks I'm expecting any,
> either.  ;)

Thanks for taking my rant well, but trust me ... I went through
more bugzilla bug reports than most of the people here (I am
employed as bug triager at Red Hat). On the top of not that fast
bugzilla I use a lot of Greasemonkey scripts so my pages are
a little bit slower.

But still there are ways how to make it working (and I do every
workday) ... for example you can Ctrl-<click> couple of tabs from
your query and let them download on the background while you work
on the first one.

If the speed of bugzilla was the biggest problem we have, we
would be most lucky people in the world.

And do please read that Alan Cox's article ... it is one of the
finest pieces of writing on open source development I have ever
seen (and as a former lawyer I read a lot).

Best,

Matej