Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Thu Apr 23 17:43:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, 23.04.09 12:34, Callum Lerwick (seg at haxxed.com) wrote:

> > > How about a command line interface to libcanberra?
> >
> > Try canberra-gtk-play.
> >
> > You are trying too hard to complain, I think...
>
> That's in libcanberra-gtk2 so I didn't see it when I looked in the
> libcanberra package. Why the hell does it depend on GTK? Why do you need
> GTK to just play a frickin' sound?

Among some other things this tools uses the GtkSettings framework to
find the right sound theme to play sounds, so that it matches the
sounds from the rest of the desktop.

> Bloat.

Yes, I love you too. And I love your friendly, constructive and
educated comments. What would I do without these enlightening insights!

Lennart