Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 19:36:17 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Callum Lerwick  wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 01:31 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>
>> And as mentioned there's a workaround, you can specify the control for
>> a sink. But using that will break device autodetecting and hence the
>> whole profile logic. BTW, that option was contributed by someone with a
>> weird driver who supplied me with a patch. He didn't whine on a huge
>> thread on a mailing list, but just prepared a patch. Could be a good
>> role model for some other folks, don't you think?
>
> Fuck you.

Actually, I have a very good patch for pulseaudio. It's a one liner
and goes right after the %setup line in the specfile:
rm -fr *

My wife have had this problem with her computer freezing when browsing
the web.I coudn't trace the error. It required a hard reboot every
time. I thought I tried everything, changed the CPU, the video card,
memory... And nothing solved the issue and I thought it was a
motherboard error, until 3 days ago...

I finally saw a system.log error regarding pulseaudio and I
immediately removed all the pulseaudio crap from her computer.

Now it doesn't freeze anymore. She's happy, I'm happy.

Seriously, given hundreds of threads in fedoraforum, people
complaining about pulseaudio, we do need to discuss how to remove
pulseaudio from Fedora (not whether we should remove it).

Cheers,
Orcan, the pulse against