New packages during rawhide freeze

Kalev Lember kalev at smartlink.ee
Fri Apr 24 13:28:00 UTC 2009

Josh Boyer wrote:
>> One of my new packages got pulled in like that too
>> (mingw32-libp11-0.2.4-1.fc10.noarch), even though I have a F-11 branch
>> and I have built it for both F-11 and devel in koji. I have also
>> requested the package to be added to Fedora 11 updates in Bodhi, but for
>> some reason it still pulled in .fc10 package instead of the correct .fc11.
>>

> F11 Updates doesn't do inheritence to rawhide, since all of those are in
> 'pending' state.
>
> However, if you would like those new packages in rawhide instead of via
> updates you can file a ticket with rel-eng to get them included in
> dist-f11.

I don't really care if my new packages are included in dist-f11 or if
they come in via updates. However, I surely don't want .fc10 versions in
dist-f11, so they should be either completely removed or updated to
.fc11 versions.

Do you think the .fc10 packages that have crept in during this freeze
will be removed from rawhide all together, or should every maintainer
file a separate ticket with rel-eng for every package to get them
updated to proper .fc11 versions?

--
Best regards,
Kalev Lember