FESCo meeting summary for 2009-07-31

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Aug 1 07:20:09 UTC 2009

Le vendredi 31 juillet 2009 à 16:47 -0400, Josh Boyer a écrit :
> On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 02:00:10AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >On 08/01/2009 01:31 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:

> >It is a random upstream project but one developed within Fedora and
> >Fedora can and should tell them not to do so. Why shouldn't we? Again
> >they don't need or deserve special exceptions. Treat them like any other
> >upstream project. That is all I ask.
>
> No.  That is part of the problem with your proposal.  You have targetted RH
> or Fedora packages that do this.  If some other package only distributes via
> SRPM (or .deb, or ebuild), they aren't required to comply.  Why force these
> RH/Fedora packages to do something that we don't force other packages to?

Because we have higher standards and our « mission is to lead the
advancement of free and open source software and content as a
collaborative community. ».

Providing easy to find code tarballs is part of making community
collaboration easy. (You can provide other means but this is the minimum
requirement)

--
Nicolas Mailhot