License change for ghostscript

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Aug 2 18:13:00 UTC 2009

On Friday 31 July 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

> ahhh, licensing! Spot will likely have better thoughts on all of this,
> plus thoughts on the other license compatibility stuff. I don't think
> MIT / BSD licensed stuff has any problem linking against GPL stuff
> (unless it's under the _original_ BSD license, with the advertising
> clause). Not sure about QPL or LPPL. Public Domain obviously has no
> problems.

Depends on what one thinks is a problem and what not, but FWIW I definitely
consider it a problem.  Due to GPL's viral nature, I'm fairly certain that the
end result of linking something licensed using the above is a combined work
which is either GPL'd, or a violation of the GPL or the original (MIT, BSD
etc) license.