F12 mass rebuild status

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Aug 2 20:24:05 UTC 2009

On Sunday 02 August 2009, drago01 wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 2, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Ville Skyttä<ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:
> >>
> >> scop (1):
> >>     perltidy
> >>
> >> BuildrootError: could not init mock buildroot, mock exited with status
> >> 30; see root.log for more information
> >>
> >> DEBUG util.py:256:
> >> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/gcc/4.4.1/3/i686/gcc-4.4.1-3.
> >>i68 6.rpm: [Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
> >> DEBUG util.py:256:  Trying other mirror.
> >> DEBUG util.py:256:  Error Downloading Packages:
> >> DEBUG util.py:256:    gcc-4.4.1-3.i686: failed to retrieve
> >> gcc/4.4.1/3/i686/gcc-4.4.1-3.i686.rpm from build
> >> DEBUG util.py:256:  error was [Errno 4] Socket Error: timed out
> >>
> >> Resubmitting the job should be ok, but I don't see that button in koji
> >> for this job, could you do it?
> >
> > rel-eng: ping?  Am I supposed to do something about this?  I haven't seen
> > any instructions regarding this and as said, it doesn't seem to be
> > possible for me to just resubmit this build in koji (no resubmit link
> > shown for me).
>
> Well you can just do a checkout and "make build"

Yes, I can do that and various other things.  The reason I'm asking before
trying something in random is that rel-eng has not indicated what to do about
cases like this, and there's no way for me to tell whether doing something
like this will cause extra work for rel-eng, break rebuild-needed/failed
tracking scripts or whatnot.  I can guess, but I don't want to, and at the
same time I want to try to point out that rel-eng has not given enough
information to packagers and are not responding too quickly to related
questions.

> (done that for you
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1574035 )

I see.  I guess they'll let you and/or me know if this wasn't the right thing
to do.