[Proposal] have feature submitted before feature freeze

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Aug 4 19:53:47 UTC 2009

I have put forward for FESCo to consider this week a proposal to have feature
proposals submitted and approved in advance of feature freeze.  the proposal
can be seen at  https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/234  there will be no
shortening of development time. the idea is to have feature submission in well
before feature freeze so that we can try and make sure all succeed.

I think that Kevin Kofler's comments are fairly true in the ticket.  the
changes in the F-12 cycle have probably not been fully understood. but i still
think it will be very valuable to us to make this change.  I would like to get
some feedback and improvements.

Dennis