KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Aug 5 20:03:39 UTC 2009

> It also would require multiple CVS branches, one for security, one for
> adventurous, as well as different buildroots to go along with those,
> since you wouldn't be able to build a security update for a gnome
> package against the newer adventurous gtk and expect it to work on the
> older GTK, likewise if you had to modify a gnome package to work with
> newer gtk, you dont' want those modifications in the way if/when you
> need to do a conservative security update for it later.

Oh I forgot, you also need -testing versions of each of those repos, so
for any release, you could have updates, updates-testing, experimental,
and experimental-testing repo options and build targets and buildroot
shuffling going on.  WHAT FUN!

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)