Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 10:32:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 10:44 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 08/06/2009 10:39 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >> After requesting status updates, including direct email to the feature
> >> owners, the following feature pages do not have a current status or their
> >> ability to tested during the Alpha is unclear based on the lack of
> >> information provided or percentage of completion.
> >>
> >> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraMoblin
> >
> > I'm the maintainer of this. I think its very much in a similar
> > category to gnome/kde. The only difference is there is some packages
> > still awaiting review, about 2 that are actually critical, but moblin
> > 2 like gnome etc are still in there development phase so its a moving
> > target.
> IMO, this feature should be scratched, because the packages in question
> are of immature nature (... and of low packaging quality from my POV).

"Low packaging quality"? I certainly don't think so, given the amount of
time Peter spent on them, and the fact that they all seemed good enough
to pass review.

As for the feature being scrapped, the goal of it is to package the
current sources of Moblin, which is what it's doing. If we removed all
the beta software from Fedora, we wouldn't have much left...