Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Aug 6 11:39:05 UTC 2009

On 08/06/2009 12:32 PM, Bastien Nocera wrote:

>>> I'm the maintainer of this. I think its very much in a similar
>>> category to gnome/kde. The only difference is there is some packages
>>> still awaiting review, about 2 that are actually critical, but moblin
>>> 2 like gnome etc are still in there development phase so its a moving
>>> target.
>> IMO, this feature should be scratched, because the packages in question
>> are of immature nature (... and of low packaging quality from my POV).
>
> "Low packaging quality"? I certainly don't think so, given the amount of
> time Peter spent on them, and the fact that they all seemed good enough
> to pass review.
Yes, they somehow sneeked through reviews. This doesn't invalidate what
I said.
It only proves my impression of Fedora quality standards being low and
about the quality of reviews.

> As for the feature being scrapped, the goal of it is to package the
> current sources of Moblin, which is what it's doing. If we removed all
> the beta software from Fedora, we wouldn't have much left...
Well, ... yes, we have a lot of semifunctional stuff in Fedora, which
should never have been released.

At least I am having the impression Fedora 11 has derailed more  into a
rawhide shapshot but an end-users suitable distro (which it once used to
be). - But this is off-topic wrt. moblin.

Ralf