Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Aug 6 16:08:19 UTC 2009

On 08/06/2009 05:16 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 06.08.2009, 16:14 +0200 schrieb Ralf Corsepius:
>> On 08/06/2009 02:10 PM, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>>> I asked you to write down the problems
>>> you found in bz and CC me, but so far I haven't received a mail.
>> I haven't received any mail from you.
>>
>>   >  Instead
>>> you spend time on writing mails with abstract accusations to the list.
>> Do you want me to flame people in public?
>
> No, I want constructive criticism in bugzilla. Flaming people in public
> is what you are currently doing on this list.
>
>>> As you know I'm really interested in improving both the packaging and
>>> the review quality and I appreciate your cooperation. Why not pick up
>>> some of the reviews?
>> I did so, but Mr. Robinson refused to listen and preferred to go his
>> way, because "the fedora guidelines" allow him to do so. It cause me to
>> turn away from his reviews.
>
> Sorry, you didn't pick up any of the bugs, none was assigned to you.
There is none assigned to me, because I turned away from this person's
reviews.

You can find traces of them in reviews.

 > You
> picked on Peter, that's all.
Well, your freedom to think so, my freedom to think otherwise -- I
think, you are picking on _me_, because I am pronouncing something which
doesn't fit into your "wishful thinking".

> You only commented on two bugs regarding autoconf, but this is a
> controversial topic.
Only within uneducated folks, without clues about the autotools.

> Please accept that there are different views on
> questions like this one.
It's pretty easy to demonstrate the brokenness of running the autotools
during builds.

Ralf