Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 19:29:02 UTC 2009

> Again, that applies to _everything in the distro_. I don't think 'it's a
> new version' can be a feature. If we identify something particular
> within the GNOME or KDE package set which is a significant enough change
> to qualify as a Fedora feature, fine, submit it as such. But just
> declaring the entire version upgrade to be a feature seems a bit weird
> to me.

A good example of the weirdness here - we're declaring KDE 4.3 a 'Fedora
12 feature' (implying it's something sufficiently potentially
problematic that it needs a specific test plan and contingency plan),
yet backporting it to Fedora 10 as an official update meets with
widespread approval and 'nothing wrong with that!' comments...

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey