Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 21:48:57 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating said the following on 08/06/2009 11:37 AM Pacific Time:
>>> My understanding was the later. All working tested and ready to go.
>>> What is it meant to mean.
>> Yeah, I think this is sort of an issue with pushing everything down
>> to a simple number.
>>
>> In my view, '100%' would mean "I'm done with this, and not touching
>> it modulo bugs." It can have a lower percentage and still be testable.
>>
>> Bill
>>

> So really, we need 2 things.
>
> 1) a definition of a status that the feature wrangler and FESCo agree
> upon to be "done enough" for Alpha / Feature Freeze.
>
> 2) a % number that indicates #1

All we need to do to fix #1 is clarify the policy which the Feature
Wrangler seeks to follow and help administer.  It has always been a
percentage to measure the completeness of implementing the feature as
described on the feature page.

We seek to been feature complete (100%) or "testable" (no percentage
defined in the current policy--this would address #2) at Feature Freeze
so those features can be tested in the test releases (Alpha & Beta).

John