KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 00:47:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 5:10 PM, Jesse Keating<jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 19:07 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>
>> Its kinda funny how the GNOME side is ending up on the 'conservative'
>> side here. We are pretty agressive in pushing new stuff into each
>> release. But we believe it is better to do that _before_ the release,
>> not after.
>
> Right, aggressive between Fedora releases, conservative within a Fedora
> release.  I kind of wish everybody did that, and actually treated our
> stable releases as, you know, stable releases, otherwise what's the
> point of even making releases, and going through freezes and feature
> processes and...

Yea well, I dunno about you guys who run rawhide. But as an F-11 user,
I am *very* glad I use KDE and the KDE SIG is giving me the latest and
greatest to use.  I am so glad I don't have to wait for F-12 to be
released just to run the latest version of my desktop.  Thank you once
again KDE SIG for your awesome support and maintainership, it is
second to none.