KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 01:26:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 19:07 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>>
>> Its kinda funny how the GNOME side is ending up on the 'conservative'
>> side here. We are pretty agressive in pushing new stuff into each
>> release. But we believe it is better to do that _before_ the release,
>> not after.
>
> Right, aggressive between Fedora releases, conservative within a Fedora
> release.  I kind of wish everybody did that, and actually treated our
> stable releases as, you know, stable releases, otherwise what's the
> point of even making releases, and going through freezes and feature
> processes and...

I believe that is the way it should be. The releases must be there
every once in a while when the installer is updated, e.g.. when the
default file system is changed, or when gnome is finally obsoleted
etc. Otherwise F10=F11 until the last day of F-10's lifetime, in my
perspective. It's just my opinion, as I don't maintain any core
components and there might be things that I'm not considering.

Orcan