Make upstream release monitoring (the service formerly known as FEVer) opt-out?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 7 06:11:08 UTC 2009

On 08/07/2009 01:03 AM, Till Maas wrote:

> Would it be ok, to do this and allow maintainers to add there package to
> a black list, so that no bugs will be filed or should it continue to be
> opt-in? Then the packags will still be checked, but only reported by
> other, non intrusive ways, e.g. via a website.

I would prefer the system to be opt-out. For completely new maintainers
or anyone maintaining more than a few packages, it certainly is very
useful to get notification via bugzilla about new upstream releases.

I would also like to have a webpage where I can go to check the Fedora
vs upstream release status across all maintained branches including
Rawhide. So the information needs to be gathered for all upstream releases.

There are some cases where the website moves or fall off the face of the
earth or where upstream is completely confused about proper versioning
but that is the exception and not the norm. Can be dealt with on a case
by case basis.

Rahul