F-11: system-config-printer --> windows printer --> "You are not authorized to carry out the requested action"

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun Aug 9 07:12:12 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 17:08 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 08/08/2009 07:52 AM, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
> >
> >> The printer is attached to a windows box. At the time of running system-config-printer,
> >> the windows box is on.
> >>
> >> This used to work just fine on F-10 and earlier...
>
> I hit this one recently, when I tried to launch s-c-p with sudo from the
> command line, you have to run it as your normal user and let PolicyKit
> prompt you for root when it needs it.

To get closer to being on-topic for the list - is it perhaps not ported
to PolicyKit 1.0 yet? Because it doesn't seem to work for me at all in
Rawhide...can't find my network printer (which is really out there), and
doesn't prompt for root privileges (though I'm not sure if it needs them
to look).

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey