Soname bump for openssl

Tomas Mraz tmraz at redhat.com
Wed Aug 12 09:45:50 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to upgrade OpenSSL to 1.0.0-beta3 version just after the F12
Alpha release. I asked rel-eng to create a custom build target for the
rebuild so we can avoid shipping the symlink hacks in rawhide.

The API did not change in a way it would break any sensible user's of
the API, so no patches to the dependent packages are expected to be
necessary.

Unfortunately as this is major version upgrade the ABI changed.

I know that the upgrade would be better before the F12 Alpha however it
required major patch porting for the FIPS validation related code which
is not included in the upstream 1.0.0 branch. I was unfortunately not
able to complete this porting before Alpha Freeze.

As always I will rebuild all the dependent packages if you do not ask me
otherwise for your package.
--
Tomas Mraz
                                              Turkish proverb